The Saratoga-Wilton Soccer Club (SWSC) was established with the purpose of providing the local youth an opportunity to develop and expand their knowledge and love of the game of soccer. The objectives of the club are to:
- Teach and educate the youth, and their parents, about the game of soccer
- Develop honesty, friendship, discipline, team play and sportsmanship
- Promote the social welfare of the Saratoga area by being better citizens
- Participate and enjoy the game of soccer
Based on these objectives and principles the SWSC wishes to establish a scholarship to be awarded to local high school seniors who best exemplify these qualities.
It is proposed that two $500 scholarships be established for graduating seniors who have been participating members in the SWSC for a minimum of 3 years. One male and one female scholarship may be awarded each year, but this may be modified at the Board’s discretion depending on the circumstances.
Each applicant is asked to submit an essay to the SWSC to be reviewed by Club Board members. The essay should include:
- The number of years as a member of the club and if they have been a member the past year.
- How being a member of SWSC has influenced their love of the game and how they approach life (giving specific examples).
- What are their future college plans academically and in regards to their future soccer endeavors?
- And any other information that the youth feels is significant
The essay is to be turned into the Club Board by Friday, April 20th of their senior year.